I Won!

    It's my first time winning a photo contest! I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw the email saying that I won. 

    It all started in the fall, after a long, amazing summer vacation. My teacher had sent me information about photo contests a year before. I hadn't compete in any because I felt like I didn't have photos that were good enough. I was excited to submit one of my best photos that I took over the summer. I chose the Ranger Rick contest and I sent a photo of a heron, which I took in the Danube Delta. I was almost certain that I wasn't going to win, considering that there are probably so many who entered this contest. 

    In February, the people in charge of the contest announced me that I made it to the finals. The winner would be announced in April. I had lost all hope of winning, since I haven't heard from them since then. However, a week ago, I got a well written email explaining that I had won the Ranger Rick contest. I could not believe it. The judges must have liked my photo, out of all those that applied. I replied that I will never forget this, and thanked them that they selected my photo. 

    The person who wrote the email also told me that they were going to send me five copies of the magazine in August. I will frame one for myself. The photo also was edited with a really nice note that said my name, and where it was taken.


Sadly, though, I won't be here in August when the paper is published. I will be gone in Romania (more details in the future) for a couple of months, but hopefully I will get to treasure the moment when I get back.

Comments

Popular Posts