Coming Home from the Sea (Part 3 of 4)



From the Black Sea we went right to the Danube Delta (a place I never went to before). It was a 4 hour boring ride to the Delta, but it was well worth it. We slept at a not so good, cheap "hotel", without internet. 




When we arrived there, we took a boat to see the sunset. And of course, we also saw many unique birds. It was really beautiful, and full of nature. My dad took a "behind the scenes" photo of me on the boat. 


Pond Heron
Mute Swan






The next day we took the boat as well, but this time we spent 9 whole hours on it!! We saw some birds, and I took some landscape photos too.



Snowy Egret And Some Seagull Bodyguards
The guide took us to a wild island, half surrounded by the sea, and half surrounded by the Danube River. Oh, and we had to go on one of the Danube's biggest canals to get there. There was a small restaurant, and we drank a couple of juices, and headed back on the boat.

Grey Heron
European Roller

We could see the Black Sea. I thought I had said goodbye to the sea, but no, here it was AGAIN in front of us! We had our bathing suits on, but we did not swim since we needed to head back home. "The clock was ticking".


European Bee-Eater



Spot-Billed Pelican
Since that day we were on the Danube river, and less on the small canals, I did not see so many birds. And the guide was going super fast where there were all the birds. So I was a little upset on him, but at the end, my dad told him to go again on those small canals, so I could take some more photos of the animals.


Night Heron
That was it for the Danube Delta stop. We will definitely come here next year! I loved the experience, and the photos I got there. 




Common Pelicans and Cormorants

Next we went to a place called "The Red Lake". We slept at a BEAUTIFUL hotel. The lake is next to the hotel, but I was surprised that the lake was not at all red. It was normal. But I found it cool that the lake had a ton of tree trunks sticking out of it. And we were surrounded by huge mountains. We took the car to the (Bicaz) mountain gap. I got some amazing photos there as well!


From there, we zigzagged through the Carpathians mountains, and after 8 long hours, we finally arrived home. It was night, and I could barely move myself in bed. After all, we did not have any symptoms of Covid. Two weeks have passed since now when I am writing this blog article, so I am definitely sure we don't have Covid! I hope to have the same wonderful trip next year as well. 


Comments

Popular Posts