Bald Eagles In The Winter

    To finish off this great snowy winter, I would like to share some pictures of Bald Eagles I took. I have always loved Bald Eagles. Their are just such majestic creatures. But, sadly, I do not think I will get to see them when spring comes, since the leaves come out as well blocking the view. But on a happier note, I still got the opportunity to take some great photos of this winter's Bald Eagles.

     I took this first photo in "Johnson Park, Piscataway". I love the way the wind was blowing the Eagle's feathers. Too bad it was behind some branches that were kind of in the way, but you can still see its splendor.

    I took this next photo in the "Great Swamp National Refuge Park, Gillette". I always crack up when I look at it because it seems like the poor Bald Eagle has some shoelaces dangling from its feet. (Maybe its parents did not teach it how to tie its shoelaces). It was probably taking some sticks to make a nest, though. But it was fairly close to me, so I managed to take a decent photo even if the lighting was not so good.

    
This photo it is definitely one of my best Bald Eagle shots (not that I have too many good ones). I took it in "Highland Park". There are multiple things I love about this photo. First of all, the Bald Eagle is right between those two branches, which are almost perfectly separating the two crows next to it. I decided not to cut out the branches in post processing. Second of all, the Bald Eagle is really close, so if you zoom in, you can see all the amazing details. And third of all, look at the size of that monster! You can really see the scale of the huge Bald Eagle compared to the tiny crows, and crows aren't that small.

    This is the same Bald Eagle as above, but the photo is taken a little closer, before it flew away. In this one you can really see even more detail. 


        

    I haven't decided yet, but I might even print a picture out to hang around my house. I am really proud of this winter's Bald Eagle photos. I am already looking forward to next winter, where I can take even more detailed photos of these striking creatures.

                         


                                                  






Comments

Popular Posts