Open Eyes To See The World

It looks like our little furry chick friends have grown, and their eyes are opening. The little spikes (feathers) on their wings are growing. They are starting to sound more like the call of a Wren (their breed). Soon they will roam the land freely, but still be seen and photographed by me.

This is chick update number two, like I said in my previous article

I got this picture of the five chicks all clumped together and waiting for their mommy to feed them. I come in the shed to check on the chicks two times a day. I hate that, when I come near the chicks, the mother comes in with a worm in her mouth. This happens coincidentally, but I don't like scaring the mother away. It is better if the parents don't know I was there. 

Also, to help the little mother gather more food, I put up one of my little bird feeders on the opposite side of the nest. And since worms are plenty on the ground around my shed, I grabbed a handful (with gloves), and put them in the nest. I hope that every year we will have chicks around our house. Sometimes it is important for us not throw out all unnecessary things, for they could be an animal's next home.

Comments

Popular Posts