Cute Animal Babies

In one of my recent blog articles (A Future Mommy Bird), I had written about the wren who laid eggs in our shed. Today, the eggs hatched and in a couple of days the chicks started to grow!

Today I was helping my dad repair the roof, and he asked me if I could bring some tiles from the shed. I nodded, and went around to the shed. I slowly opened the door, and Mrs. Mother Bird was looking at me furiously. Sadly, the tiles were next to the nest, so I tried my best to be stealthy. Of course, the mommy flew away.

This got me thinking: that mom really is a scared one! Other birds would defend their eggs with their lives, and make noises. But this one just ran away. Since I was there, I took a look in the nest. I could see only some red things, but when I looked closer, I saw that they were actually little chicks. Last year, a bird hatched eggs next to our house. But this year, you can say they hatched in our smaller house. Oh, just look at them! Sooo, cute! 

Oh, and no, none of the eggs were duds. There are two pictures, one with the chicks when they hatched, and one with the chicks two days later. The older ones have early feathers now! They grow really fast. I will do a chick update every now and then.

I saw two baby bunnies. One in our yard, and one in the park. And I also saw a baby groundhog, next to my neighbors shed! I have never seen one before.

We just arrived home after a long car ride, and in our yard was a deer. I went closer, and actually noticed that there was a bunny in front of it. Ok, this made the picture cooler. But right then, from the back of the original deer came another one. I got this cute photo of all the animals looking at my camera. Oh, and yes, I analyzed the photo, and the bunny was indeed a baby!

In the park, yesterday, I saw another baby. Actually, there were two, but one ran off. The mom was on the other side, ready to attack. The tiny bunny was probably as big as my hand! 


Now, for the groundhog story. I was doing my homework and I looked out the window at the beautiful sky. Something big stood on the grass. But not as big as a groundhog. Since I was curious, I gently opened the door, and started walking towards the animal. It could perhaps be a squirrel. But as I got closer, the creature dashed off. It ran exactly like a groundhog. That is because it is one. It was a baby groundhog!! I ran in my house, grabbed my camera, and went to the exact same spot. I was sure I had lost it, but when I looked to my right, I saw the baby, and started taking pictures. In the end, I got this another sweet photograph of a little one.


Of course, we shall not forget the trip to the beach. I saw an Oystercatcher. I have seen this bird before, but to my surprise, the couple had babies!! As you can see in this picture. the mother is furious at me for photographing her, and one chick is sitting under her, and one on the side. Also, the father almost attacked me, for I got very close to the chicks. And on the way back to the car, the father was looking for his family, but he could not find them, since they were down by the ocean. 

I would say bunnies, the groundhog, and the Oystercatchers are as cute as the chicks, but in my opinion the bunnies are little bit cuter. One day these animals will grow big and strong (HOPEFULLY)! It really looks like animal birth season is here!

Comments

Popular Posts