A Future Mommy Bird

In one of my recent articles, I showed the bird who slept on my porch. Sadly, she does not sleep there anymore. Now I want to tell you, that this new bird that now lives in my shed laid EGGS!! Now on with the story. 

It all began with me trying to find a lock for my shed, because we didn't want thieves to come and steal the things inside. So, I found a lock, and went to the shed for testing. I tried it in one hundred different positions, but none worked.

 Lastly, though, I went inside the shed, and tried the lock from there. I was kind of dumb, or, maybe, very dumb. Because WHAT'S THE POINT OF A LOCK IT YOU CAN'T OPEN IT FORM OUTSIDE!? Well thankfully, the lock did not fit inside either. We will try to look for a slimmer one! Sad, I headed out of the shed. Then something big jumped from besides my head. 

OK, this creeped me out a lot, but I wanted to keep investigating. I saw that this thing had gotten under the lawn mower. I looked under it, and surprisingly saw a little wren with some food in its mouth. This reminded me of when I saw the bird coming and going a few days ago. I searched the shed, and there was no nest. Now though, I saw it. 

The nest is right near the door of the shed, and is sitting in a very awkward thing. We have put something like a metal pipe there, and the eggs are in the pipe. Out of all the places, that smart bird built its nest right there. The bird is very smart, for the other animals can not see the bird and the eggs. Actually, I saw the wren pop its head out, and look at my camera from its nest. I also took a picture of the eggs. I counted five, and hopefully all will hatch. This tiny bird's eggs are quite interesting. They are as small as a fingernail, and have red dots all over them. 

It's amazing to know that this bird might one day come to see its grandchicks!

Comments

  1. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2020/jun/02/remembering-cheetahs-photography-competition-the-winners

    To inspire you. Liliana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts