New Camera Gear!

    For this Christmas, Santa (despite the fact that I do not believe in him) gave me new camera gear! I knew about it in advance, and my gifts were right at my fingertips, but I decided to keep them in the basement, until Christmas came, to keep up with the tradition. Finally the gift opening day came.

    First, let me start with the camera. I got a Sony A7R3, an amazing device. Since then, I got a chance to use it a bit, and I love the photos it takes. It makes the perfect bundle when used with my new and my old lenses. Along with many other amazing things that this camera can accomplish, it has a 42.4 megapixel resolution and a full frame, mirrorless sensor. The ISO is 100 - 32,000 (and it expands to 50-102,400). It has 5-axis Sensor-shift Image Stabilization (IBIS). It does 10 fps continuous shooting, which is very useful for wildlife. It has 4K (UHD) - 3840 x 2160 video. Also, it has human/animal face and eye detection. 


    Speaking of my new lens, I got a Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4.  
The lens works great since the auto-focus is very fast, and the image captured has a lot of detail. 

    I also got an MC-11 Sigma adaptor. It converts Canon EF mount lenses to the Sony E mount. I use it to put my Sigma 150-600mm and other Canon EF lenses on the Sony camera.

    Lastly, I got a Meike macro extension tube to do macro photos. I enjoy taking photos in the world of tiny subjects, from insects, all the way to flower petals. So this gift is pretty useful.

    Today I used my camera for the first time in nature, and I liked the way it worked. Here is a photo I took with animal eye detection on. I think it works like a charm. You can really see lots of detail in the heron's eye.

I look forward to taking more wondrous photos with my new gear! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts