MacRo(mania)

I have never thought much about the real interesting world of macro, where we can find out about all the little things. All I have been doing so far is wildlife photography, which I enjoy the most, of course. But there is really so much more to the world, not just the everyday animals.

Now that I arrived in Romania, I am quarantined for two weeks at our countryside home. Because I am bored, I decided to take some macro photos in my yard.

Let's start off with this beautiful photo of a spider I found out on my deck. Actually, this spider was in my house, but I decided not to kill it, but to bring it outside to snap a great macro photo of it. Maybe it will eat some nasty flies and ticks too. I just love everything about this photo. Look at how much detail is in it. I like how the spider really pops out on the white, and that beautiful black background just makes it surreal.

Ok, I bet you will never look at a boring leaf you find outside like this never again. We all know that leaves are what keep trees alive. They prepare the nutrients for the tree. In this spectacular picture, you can actually see that happening! I promise this picture was not taken with a microscope and it wasn't altered. I just took it with my macro extension tube, and with my everyday lens. If you zoom in, you can almost see the nutrients brought into the leaf.

This is my cat's eye. And he just stayed in place, so it was not hard for me to capture it. But I will never look at his eyes in the same way. They look like marbles! Or like the eyes of a tiger. With macro, you can see every single detail of things, even if they are so small, that the naked eye can't see them.

Now let's move onto the next one. It might be hard to believe, but this is actually a tree, with one of its leaves covering a fruit. You would have probably not have ever noticed it, or have, but never really say it was cool. That is the whole point of macro!


Next we come to one of my favorite photos. A green beetle sitting on a red rose. The contrast of these colors is beautiful, and you can see every detail of this beetle. I wish more of it were in focus, but the beetle was moving too fast. Also, I put it on my hand after I had taken the photo, and it gladly took away to the skies.

This next picture is just a beautiful flower I found in my backyard. This picture just really stands out to me, because I love those white on black colors. And also that beautiful crisp yellow, on the white leaves. And actually, to the left of this flower, there is a little fly, which is again black on white, but it is hardly noticeable.

Further down the list, we have an amazing bee, who is gathering pollen to bring to her hive. And, yes, this bee is a juvenile. I had to get really close to her, so the mother attacked me. This reminded me of the time I got stung by a huge wasp a couple of years ago. You don't mess with bees. There were hundreds like this one in my garden, all collecting pollen. This particular friend let me get real close to it. But I maintained my distance, for this bee could have a stinger as well!

After that I will share a tiny spider dangling from his web. We have tons of roses in our garden, and it is good to know that animals are putting them to good use. Take, for example, this spider. Its beautiful green and yellow colors, on a pink rose, just make the best combination ever. 

Second to last, I wanted to share a nice flower I found in my yard. I never knew it even existed. But it is really a nice sight to see! Look at the brilliant colors that Mother Nature painted on it. And I love the way the pollen looks in macro. I never looked at pollen at a flower this way before!




Lastly I want to show this incredible rose stem, full of spiky prickles. It looks like something huge, but actually, it is thinner than my finger. That is another one of macro's superpowers. It makes tiny things appear as big as you want! But I maintained a distance, because I don't want my lens glass to get all scratched.



That is all for my favorite macro pictures for the time being. I hope I convinced some people that the macro world is really amazing as well!





Comments

Popular Posts