The Bird Who Sleeps

The front of our house is a home for birds as well! They like to come and sleep on our porch. Last year, in this exact spot, we had a family of little birds. 


They really liked it there, since my mom put up a round "nest" for them. The bird last year was a sparrow. This year, though, another bird came. It wasn't until I analyzed the photo that I noticed the bird is actually a wren!! 

I like its cute tail pointing downwards, but it confused me. At first, as I was going out, I thought there were two birds. Every time I go out, I walk very slowly, as not to wake the little fellow. The bird comes at night, and leaves when the first little bit of daylight is out. Also, the bird is really puffed up, trying to get warm.







The bird only comes when it is cold outside, and it can not find shelter. Sadly, this time it does not have any chicks, but maybe it will next year! The picture on the left is with the wren this year, and the picture on the right is with the little chicks from last year.

Comments

Popular Posts