Killing Two Birds With One Stone

Today I killed two birds with one stone, meaning that I got a stone, and threw it at two birds. Just kidding. Actually, today I went to another park and saw a new kind of hawk. I recently discovered a passion for taking pictures of big birds (eagles, hawks, falcons, cool colorful birds, etc). After asking Google, I found out this is a Broad-Winged Hawk. One I have been desperate to photograph. The other amazing thing that happened was that I met a police officer. You might be thinking, well what's the big deal? Let me tell you, he asked me if I have a blog!!

Now on with the story. I was in the car, passing a park, just behind my old school, Milltown, when my dad yelled, "HAWK!!!!" I told him to park quickly. I got out of the car, and turned my camera on. I saw it, a huge brown hawk was standing proud in the fields. I snapped some photos, but sadly, none turned out good. As I got closer to it, the hawk went further, and eventually flew towards the river. 

Closer and closer to the river we got. Once we were there, I looked very attentive around me. Down on the river was a female duck, with many ducklings. I counted 18, not including the big duck. I snapped some photos, and fell in awwww! 


It was getting darker outside by the minute. I scanned the area one more time, and saw a white figure sitting on a tree. As I moved a little closer, I realized that it was actually a hawk. A HAWK!! I turned on my camera, and took quite a lot of photos. As I did this, the battery thought it was enough for today, and the camera suddenly said, "Change the battery pack". But do not be worried, because I have spent half a year with this camera, and I know all the tricks. If you take a dead battery out, and put it in again, you can get an extra ten shots with it. The picture turned out good, and the hawk was the Broad-Winged Hawk indeed.

The hawk left in the direction we came from, and we followed it. A chase like this, going back and forth is very tiring. We got to the parking lot, and saw two police cars. I took some more photos of the hawk. A police car drove off, but one came to us. I thought he would ask us to leave, but he didn't. Instead the kind police officer asked if I had a blog, and I told him yes! Maybe he will even follow me sometime!

I got home and edited my photos. Well, here goes another GREAT day on The Tales Of A Photographer.

Comments

Popular Posts